Louisville Kentucky Jumbo Mortgage Loans
• At least 20% down for jumbos up to $1 million
• At least 30% down up to $2 million
• More for loans over $2 million
• An excellent credit score (at least 720 but could be more as some banks report that their average jumbo customer has a credit score in the 760s)
• Income documentation and verification. Borrowers are now required to provide financial records verifying that they earn what they say they earn (some borrowers have been asked to provide two years of their income history).
• Expect to obtain an adjustable-rate loan; fixed-rate jumbos are relatively rare.
• DTI (Debt-to-Income) of less than 38 percent. That means a borrower’s monthly mortgage payment must be less than 38 percent of their income before taxes. The ability to afford to make monthly payments is critical in the jumbo loan market.
- Qualifying for a Jumbo Mortgage in the Post Boom Era (mylouisvillekentuckymortgage.com)
- Is it time to ditch your jumbo mortgage? (hsh.com)